Global Health Application.
Interested in spending time with us at CerviCusco? Awesome! We welcome the opportunity to host you for a “life altering” experience.
How do I get involved?
- Step 1: You must first apply by completing and submitting the application packet.
- Step 2: Once you have been accepted, email us a zip file with completed copies of the remaining required documents listed below.
- Step 3: Follow up with your payment on this page 90 days before departure.
Applications can be completed online or you can download and email your application to: CerviCusco.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that an application to CerviCusco does not guarantee acceptance. All applications will be reviewed by our staff. Prior to approval, applicants must provide all documents and satisfy all program requirements. Participation is also subject to availability.
If your application is approved, you will need to pay at least 90 days prior to arrival to reserve your experience at CerviCusco. If you cancel your experience less than 30 days prior to arrival, CerviCusco will refund all of your money except for a $500 processing fee.
When you participate with CerviCusco, 100% of your fees are used in Peru to support your experience and our work to provide exemplary health care to the country’s women and families. Your payment is never used for administrative or third party fees.
What documents are required?
- Application — (Sign Online) or (View/Download)
- Waiver of Liability — (Sign Online) or (View/Download)
- Copy of first the 2 pages of your passport (demographics and photo)
- Travel Insurance (from CISI or other company)- copy
- Health Care Professional Diploma, Curriculum Vitae and License- copies, if applicable
All participants are required to have a valid passport. As a reminder, airlines are required to allow you to fly internationally only if your passport is valid for six months of travel beyond your return date to the US (http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html.). Peru does not require a Visa for citizens from the United States. For other foreign nationals, please check with your embassy or consulate to ensure that you are able to safely enter and depart Peru as anticipated.
For US Nationals:
We advise keeping copies of your passport, credit cards and prescriptions in another location in case you should lose them in Peru.
Medical and Evacuation Insurance
Your current medical insurance may not be valid in Peru. Thus, we required all aspiring health care providers to have short term medical and evacuation insurance. Please upload proof of your policy as part of your application process. We strongly encourage all volunteers to also obtain insurance. Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) offers reasonably priced policies in 30-day increments. If you have any questions, their phone numbers are (800) 303-8120 and (203) 399-5132.
How much does it cost?
Educational, Local Fees and Accommodations
- Health Care Professional (students/residents/fellows)
- Post Baccalaureate, Gap Year, Internship, Capstone, Service Learning
- High School students (may participate with a pre-approved, suitably chaperoned group)
- All others seeking global health educational experience
- 1 Week — $900
- 2 Weeks– $1,150
- 3 Weeks– $1,350
- 4 Weeks– $1,500
*Reduced extended stay rates and “work/study” options are available upon request for Gap year, Internship and other students/residents/fellows. Contact us for more information.
Local Fees and Accommodations
“Helping Hand” Volunteers – our heroes providing valuable skills other than health care
Health Care Providers/Faculty/Chaperones
*For chaperones/faculty bringing a group of 10 or more individuals/students, accommodation and local fees are waived.
- 1 Week — $700
- 2 Weeks– $950
- 3 Weeks– $1,150
- 4 Weeks– $1,300
*Reduced extended stay rates and “work/volunteer” options are available upon request. Please contact us for more information.
What is included in the fees?
- Expertly Designed Experiences– CerviCusco was founded by a US-based health care academician with extensive global medical, educational, research and patient care experience.
- Work Directly with Us – Unlike most global health opportunities, you deal with us directly instead of the typical third party entity. For this this reason, we can offer this experience at a value.
- Tailored to Your Needs – We tailor your global health experience to each individual’s or institution’s needs.
- Local Oversight – We are here for you in Cusco should any unanticipated issues arise. This local control helps to ensure that you have the very best experience possible.
- Pre-departure Support – We provide pre-departure information and orientation, as requested.
- US and Onsite Support – CerviCusco provides 24/7 US- and local onsite support.
- Lodging—Your CerviCusco home is located in one of two “VIP” sections of Cusco with parks, hiking trails, grocery stores, banks, restaurants and other stores nearby. Our accommodations are conveniently positioned directly above the medical clinic and below the auditorium. We offer dormitory style sleeping accommodations (all linens supplied) with a kitchen, dining room, living room, shared bathroom and laundry room. Several rooms with a private bathroom may be available on request for an additional fee. Guests may relax in our garden equipped with a barbecue grill. Gated entrances, private security personnel (24/7) and perimeter alarm system maintain our safe environment.
- Airport transportation—CerviCusco provides round trip airport transportation from the Cusco (CUZ) airport.
- Orientation—We provide an orientation that includes information about your accommodations and your experience with us. Join us for a short walk through the neighborhood to become familiar with restaurants, grocery stores, banks and other stores.
- Welcome Meal—Enjoy a light Peruvian meal on your day of arrival.
- Concierge Service—Our bilingual CerviCusco Concierge Service will greet you at the airport and provide the orientation. This service will also assist you with and provide tourist excursions.
- Onsite Health Care—We provide onsite ambulatory health care, if requested.
- Purified Water—A purified water dispenser is available. Otherwise, safely boil tap water for cooking purposes. Please do not drink water from the faucet in Peru.
- Internet—Wireless internet is available.
- Cleaning—Provided prior to, during and following your stay.
- Oxygen and Pulse Oximeter—Both available for short-term use, if needed.
- Transportation to external health care facilities—Our “CerviBus” Mercedes Sprinter Van is available to transport large groups to educational sites.
- Emergency Cell Phone – Available in CerviCusco housing for emergency use.
- Didactic Lectures – Global Health lecture series available.
- Certificate of Participation—upon request.
- Letter of Recommendation— upon request.